Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Domain Name For Easy Quick Ways To Make Money

Why have a domain name?

Well, in my opinion, there are two basic reasons.

One, it is so much more professional looking than an affiliate or blog link. See the example below.

http://replacemyjobnow.com
http://wwww.replacemyjobnow.com/?ref=2gf994ngneo/replacenow

Which one would you click on quicker? Yep, me, too!

One of the other reasons I get a domain name is that I match it to an optimized keyword that I find (and vet through a simple process, see previous post) so it optimizes my SITE even that much more! AND, without all of the ?ref=2gf994. . . numbers at the end of the address, no one can STEAL your commissions from your affiliate sales. Yes, people do that!

I couldn't believe it when I first found that out. I wouldn't think of stealing other people's commissions, so it wasn't even something I had thought about, forget about doing. But, forewarned is forearmed!

Anyways, there are probably lots more reasons for getting a domain name, but for me, the two above are all that I need. Yes, they average $7-$10 each, but in the long run, it will help you make MORE MONEY! Yeah, sounds good, huh?


Go Daddy $7.49 .com domains


If you google "domain name providers" you will see hundreds of choices for domain names. I usually stick to GoDaddy (see the above banner) because the few times I've had to send in a support ticket or call them on the phone, I have received FAST and OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE! This is saying some, because when I'm not happy, I'm not very patient! And if my service isn't working well (or not at all) and I want help RIGHT NOW, I expect it right now. GoDaddy has always done that for me, so I try to stick to what has worked well with me.

Anyways, domain names.

You should really have the domain name be the keyword! I'll repeat that, don't go for cute or funny. You've taken the time to find a keyword that has clicks, not too much competition, so use it to your advantage! Use the keyword as your domain name! So easy, so uncomplicated, so many people screw this up! :)

Try to get the .com, .net., .org, or .biz.

If you keyword comes up "unavailable" try to put your name in front of it (like I have for one of my sites, couldn't get reviews and events, but I could get micsan reviews and events)(the MicSan is for Michelle & Santos, my husband) or put the word info/review/topic after the keyword. You need the keyword, so work on getting the right combo (again, if you need my help, post a comment or write me at micsan07@gmail.com - place "replacemyjobnow" on the subject line so I don't delete your email - I delete emails from people I don't know)

Once you have the domain name, then we have to set up the blog. So easy to do, you won't believe it!

So, recap of this post, you need to purchase a domain name (here's the GoDaddy link if you are interested)


Go Daddy $7.49 .com domains


and the domain name needs to be the keyword that you researched.

This is a good stopping point, so the next post will be to get your blog set up.
Have a wonderful day!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment